Growing up the son of a paper mill union president, attorney Tanner Franklin has a passion for defending workers and their rights. While many areas of the law are complex, employment law claims can be particularly complicated and often include special requirements and short time limits.
Also, most employment law cases are filed, managed and ultimately tried in federal court rather than state court. As a former federal law clerk, Tanner understands the complexities of the federal court system and the differences when trying cases in federal court.
Tanner has handled employment law matters in federal and state courts and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) related to:
- Discrimination cases
- Age discrimination
- Gender discrimination
- Racial discrimination
- Sexual harassment
- Violations of the Equal Pay Act (wage discrimination)
- Violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act
- Retaliation for reporting an on-the-job Injury
- Various retaliation claims
- Whistleblower claims
- Breaches of employment contracts
- Other wrongful termination claims